Contact: Meredith Gremel, SpartanNash, Vice President, Corporate Affairs and Communications, 616-878-2830 firstname.lastname@example.org
Dickinson community welcomes its third and newest Family Fare!
New store officially opens on Sunday, January 18 at 6 am
January 15, 2015 – A new Family Fare Supermarket will open in Dickinson on Sunday, January 18, creating 100 new jobs and offering store guests an exceptional shopping experience. The store is located at 1283 Roughrider Boulevard in Dickinson, off of West Ridge Drive.
“The Family Fare Westridge Plaza store will offer shoppers value and convenience, with an incredible variety of fresh foods and a friendly and open atmosphere,” said Chuck Donohoo, Store Director. “Friends and family can meet for a casual lunch or dinner. There’s a convenient take out or dine-in with deli register and a comfortable café seating next to the produce at the front of the store.”
According to Larry Pierce, Executive Vice President, Merchandising and Marketing for SpartanNash, “Family Fare is known for its value-centered and convenience approach to shopping, and this new location in the Westridge Plaza will be no exception. Value is top of mind for the consumer, and we want to ensure they are able to make their dollars go farther at the supermarkets, pharmacies and at our fuel center. We invite everyone to stop by during our Grand Opening celebration to partake in all the activities and have an outstanding shopping experience.”
Grand Opening Events
Grand Opening events will include special free samples, live ice sculpture carvings, and fuel rewards.
- Sunday, January 18 from 9 am to 1 pm
- Live ice sculpture carving – in the parking lot
- Free reusable “Things are good here” bags – 200 bags given away – while supplies last
- Free refillable Family Fare Quick Stop travel mugs – 1,000 mugs given away – while supplies last
- Sunday, January 18 – Saturday, January 24
- Spend $10 or more in the supermarket and customers will receive Family Fare Quick Stop fuel reward for $0.10 off per gallon, up to 20 gallons. Exclusions apply –see store for details.
- Saturday, January 24 from 11 am to 3 pm
- Cookie decorating – in the bakery department
- Starbucks coffee demo
Store designed for exceptional shopping experience
Every department presents an outstanding selection of offerings including:
- Local North Dakota products throughout the store:
- Specialty local craft beers and wines
- Cloverdale Brats
- Cloverdale Summer Sausage
- Ed’s Honey
- Bernatellos Brew Pub Pizza
- Cass Clay Ice Cream
- Bessie’s Best Milk – local Dickinson dairy farm
- Fresh variety of fruits and vegetables from around the world – 40-100 organic varieties
- Expanded fresh bouquets, arrangements and roses
- Extensive wine and beer selections
- Large deli selections including full salad bar, ready-to-go hot pizza, boneless chicken wing bar, olive bar, cheese Island, sliced meat, sushi and extensive selection of to-go food.
- Café seating with large windows and free Wi-Fi
- Bakery offering cakes, breads and donuts as well as made to order cake decorating for that special occasion
- Smoked meats
- Welcome Center when customers come enter offering complimentary popcorn popped throughout the day and coffee
- Adjacent Family Fare Quick Stop offering regular, unleaded, mid-grade, premium and diesel fuel
Family Fare Westridge Plaza offers value
Being a value-centered supermarket, Family Fare offers a huge Savings Zone, Baskets of Values, Price Freeze, hundreds of weekly ad specials, 10 for $10 bins, Buy-1-Get-1- FREE sales, special offers and more to help stretch a consumers weekly food budget.
Store design incorporates environmentally friendly features
SpartanNash is committed to being a good steward to the environment, and as such we install energy saving equipment throughout the store, including LED lighting in refrigerated cases and produce track lighting, ECM fan motors in refrigerated cases, and energy saving glass doors cases.
Fact Sheet – Family Fare Westridge Plaza
- Family Fare Westridge Plaza, 1283 Roughrider Boulevard, Dickinson, ND 58601
- Located within the City of Dickinson
- 51,000 square foot supermarket
- 2,100 square foot Quick Stop – adjacent to supermarket
- 5,433 square foot liquor store – attached (includes beer, wine, liquor)
- ND Pharmacy West is owned and operated by Robert Treitline, a registered pharmacist for 45 years and has owned ND Pharmacy, Inc. for the last 31 years.
- Family Fare Supermarket: Open 24 Hours
- Family Fare Quick Stop Fuel Center: Everyday 6 am to 11 pm
- Pharmacy: Monday – Saturday 8 am to 10 pm, Sunday closed
- Liquor Store: Monday – Saturday 8 am to 11 pm, Sunday 12 – 8 pm
- Store will open Sunday, January 18, 2015 at 6 am
- Store director: Chuck Donohoo
- Employs 141 associates, 100 new jobs created
- Free WiFi service
“In 2014, SpartanNash invested over $20 million dollars in the Dickinson and greater Fargo markets, remodeling and rebannering six Family Fare Supermarkets and building the new Dickinson store,” notes Dennis Eidson, President and CEO of SpartanNash. Based on the customers’ feedback, Eidson notes: “Shoppers love Family Fare’s ‘Things are good here’ commitment to creating a shopping experience that embraces local and state grown/produced products, builds on associates’ commitment to these communities, and delivers freshness and value. It is a privilege to serve this community, and we are excited to open our newest and seventh Family Fare Supermarket location and first Family Fare Quick Stop in the Dickinson Westridge Plaza.”
SpartanNash (Nasdaq: SPTN) is the largest food distributor serving military commissaries and exchanges in the United States, in terms of revenue. The Company’s core businesses include distributing food to military commissaries and exchanges and independent and corporate-owned retail stores located in 44 states and the District of Columbia, Europe, Cuba, Puerto Rico, the Azores, Bahrain and Egypt. SpartanNash currently operates 165 supermarkets, primarily under the banners of Family Fare Supermarkets, D&W Fresh Markets, Family Fresh, No Frills, Bag ‘n Save, Sun Mart and Econofoods.