FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, Aug. 17, 2018
Meredith Gremel, Vice President, Corporate Affairs & Communications, SpartanNash, 616-878-2830
Expanded selection, Betty Kaye’s Smokehouse, Fresh Divide produce station highlight Allendale Family Fare renovation
Additional amenities highlight quality and convenience, SpartanNash’s commitment to corporate responsibility in every aisle
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – Kicking off six days of grand reopening events on Sunday, Aug. 19, SpartanNash is celebrating the expanded products, features and amenities available at the newly renovated Family Fare Supermarket in Allendale.
Showcasing its commitment to fresh meat, produce, bakery and deli options and convenience and quality in every aisle of the store, the Family Fare Supermarket located at 6370 Lake Michigan Drive recently underwent a $1.2 million transformation to better serve its store guests.
“We continue to offer selection, quality and freshness throughout our new and improved Allendale Family Fare, with our renovation bringing in exciting elements that allow our store guests to browse, discover and even indulge – all within their family’s budget,” said Bruce Emery, vice president of the Retail East Division for SpartanNash, which owns the Family Fare Supermarket as well as 140 stores in eight states. “The newly renovated Family Fare features a customer-first focus, as well as unique offerings, local products and everyday values you can’t find anywhere else.”
The Family Fare Supermarket now features a Fresh Divide station – where store guests can select their produce and have it chopped, diced or sliced on-site for no additional cost – as well as a Betty Kaye’s Smokehouse, where smoked meats are prepared onsite by expert pit masters and paired with special recipe rubs, sauces and hot sides such as mac and cheese and cornbread for a complete take-home, family-style meal.
Other highlights of the store’s transformation include:
- Donut Dohjo, where gourmet donuts are made fresh every day.
- Sushi bar with rolls and sashimi made fresh daily.
- New pet center, including food, treats, toys and more for all your furry friends’ needs.
- Expanded beer and wine section, featuring local breweries, wineries and distilleries.
- Corporate responsibility messaging throughout the store, highlighting SpartanNash’s commitments to reducing its carbon footprint, recycling, supporting the local community and more.
- Fast Lane curbside and at-home delivery for families on the go or short on time.
- Expanded produce departments with a wide variety of organic and local farm-fresh products.
- Expanded bakery and deli sections, featuring a menu of specialty, made-to-order bakery items and grab-and-go meal solutions.
- Expanded meat department, featuring fresh, store-made varieties of sausages and organic, natural and grass-fed options, as well as an expanded seafood department.
- A continued emphasis on local, organic, gluten-free and on-trend products in every aisle.
- Our Family®, Open Acres™ and other SpartanNash private brands to provide additional savings and selection throughout the store.
“We have more than 110 associates working at our Family Fare, and it is the combination of their dedication and our faithful customers that make our store such a strong part of the Allendale community,” Store Director Chad Forman said. “We can’t wait to show off what’s new and fresh in our store and continue to build local relationships with our store guests, community partners and beyond.”
The transformation of the Family Fare began in May, when it was reset to make it easier for store guests to navigate the perimeter and aisles. New signs, flooring, décor and energy efficient lighting were installed to update the interior of the store, and the exterior received a facelift.
“Our new and improved Allendale Family Fare includes some exciting ways to better serve our store guests – while still delivering the easy-to-navigate store, weekly ad specials and budget-friendly savings our customers expect,” Emery said. “We want to deliver a best-in-class experience with every trip to the grocery store, while keeping it fresh, local and interesting for our customers.”
The store is open 24 hours a day, with pharmacy hours from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. The Quick Stop fuel center is open 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday.
SpartanNash (Nasdaq: SPTN) is a Fortune 400 company whose core businesses include distributing grocery products to a diverse group of independent and chain retailers, its corporate-owned retail stores and U.S. military commissaries and exchanges; as well as premier fresh produce distribution and fresh food processing. SpartanNash serves customer locations in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, Europe, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Bahrain, Djibouti and Egypt. SpartanNash currently operates 140 supermarkets, primarily under the banners of Family Fare Supermarkets, D&W Fresh Market, VG’s Grocery, Dan’s Supermarket and Family Fresh Market. Through its MDV military division, SpartanNash is a leading distributor of grocery products to U.S. military commissaries.