FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Meredith Gremel, Vice President, Corporate Affairs & Communications, SpartanNash, 616-878-2830
VG’s Challenges Community to Match Donation to Flint Community Schools with In-store Water Drive
VG’s to donate over 150 Cases of Water at Fenton-Linden Football Game
Grand Rapids, Mich., October 22, 2015 — VG’s is donating 2 pallets (4,000 bottles) of water to Flint Community Schools at a water drive at the Fenton-Linden football game on Friday, Oct. 23, at 6:00 p.m. The stadium is locatedat Fenton High School, 3200 W. Shiawassee Ave., Fenton, MI.
VG’s is challenging the community to match their donation in stores Oct. 24-31. Customers can donate $3.29 toward a case of water at any VG’s store, and VG’s will deliver the water on their behalf to Flint Community Schools.
All VG’s stores are participating:
- VG’s Brighton, 9870 E. Grand River, Brighton, MI
- VG’s Caro, 1520 W. Caro, Caro, MI
- VG’s Clio, 710 S. Mill, Clio, MI
- VG’s Davison, 8503 Davison, Davison, MI
- VG’s Fenton, 18005 Silver Parkway, Fenton, MI
- VG’s Genesee, 7461 N. Genesee, Genesee, MI
- VG’s Howell, 2400 W. Grand River, Howell, MI
- VG’s Marine City, 6764 S. River, Marine City, MI
- VG’s North Fenton, 1390 N. Leroy, North Fenton, MI
- VG’s Owosso, 1341 N. M-52, Owosso, MI
- VG’s Sterling Hts., 40832 Ryan, Sterling Hts., MI
“We’re glad to do whatever we can to help the Flint community,” said Laurie Bishoff, Store Director of VG’s Fenton. “We want to make it easy for anyone to donate water. The most important thing is getting safe and clean drinking water to the children and young people of Flint.”
SpartanNash (SPTN) is a Fortune 400 company and the largest food distributor serving U.S. military commissaries and exchanges in the world, in terms of revenue. The Company’s core businesses include distributing food to military commissaries and exchanges and independent and corporate-owned retail stores located in 46 states and the District of Columbia, Europe, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Bahrain and Egypt. SpartanNash currently operates 165 supermarkets, primarily under the banners of Family Fare Supermarkets, VG’s, Family Fresh Markets, D&W Fresh Markets and Econofoods.