As the leading distributor of grocery products to U.S. military commissaries, SpartanNash sees firsthand the sacrifices our servicemen and women make to protect our freedoms every day. SpartanNash has more than 700 associates who served in the U.S. Armed Forces, many of whom work for our company’s military division, MDV.
MDV exists to serve our American heroes and their families, at home and abroad, offering a “taste of home” to our military personnel.
The respect and gratitude we have for our military heroes also extends to other aspects of our company. Each year, SpartanNash contributes thousands of dollars, products and volunteer hours to military and veterans organizations and events, collects American flags at all facilities for proper retirement and hosts Memorial Day, Fourth of July, 9-11 and Veterans Day tribute events. Through our SpartanNash Foundation, we have also given grants to provide vital transitional housing support, healing therapy, scholarships, mentoring and job training, basic necessities, housing while seeking medical treatment and more.
We also hold a special place in our hearts for Honor and Remember. The Honor and Remember organization is deeply committed to never forgetting those who paid the ultimate price in service to our country. The flag serves as a symbol of remembrance, and SpartanNash underwrites personal flag presentations to families of the fallen. We also fly the Honor and Remember flag at all company facilities, and the flag artwork is displayed on our fleet of tractor trailers, which travel more than 55 million miles per year.
Patriotism is at the heart of what we do. Through our partnership with [Has Heart] and our store guests’ purchase of these powerful greeting cards, SpartanNash is honored to donate $1 of every card purchased to support our military heroes.
[Has Heart] is a Grand Rapids, Michigan-based nonprofit organization that utilizes the power of art, design and fashion to benefit U.S. veterans.
The greeting card collection – manufactured and supplied by Grand Rapids-based Design Design and carried by SpartanNash – includes 18 cards that share veterans’ stories meant to inspire and motivate others. Card messages include birthdays, thinking of you, thank you, get well, encouragement, comfort, sympathy and blank inside.
Each card is co-designed by a U.S. veteran and a designer. Together, they collaborate to share the veteran’s story through art. The cards are printed in Michigan on 100 percent recycled paper, and the inspiration behind each design is included in the card’s packaging.
Twenty-eight retail stores carry the SpartanNash-exclusive [Has Heart] cards, including:
D&W Fresh Market
- 9375 Cherry Valley Ave., SE, Caledonia, Mich. 49316
- 1116 Robbins Road, Grand Haven, Mich. 49417
- 1814 Breton Road, SE, Grand Rapids, Mich. 49506
- 6425 28th St., SE, Grand Rapids, Mich. 49546
- 2022 Apple Orchard Ave., Grand Rapids, Mich. 49525
- 50 Douglas Ave., Holland, Mich. 49424
Family Fare Supermarkets
- 6370 Lake Michigan Drive, Allendale, Mich. 49401
- 2245 84th St., SW, Byron Center, Mich. 49315
- 1181 W. Randall, Coopersville, Mich. 49404
- 1225 Leonard, NE, Grand Rapids, Mich. 49505
- 2755 Lake Michigan Drive, NW, Grand Rapids, Mich. 49504
- 5241 Northland Drive, Grand Rapids, Mich. 49525
- 4325 Breton Road, SE, Grand Rapids, Mich. 49512
- 1415 E. Fulton St., Grand Rapids, Mich. 49503
- 3960 44th St., SW, Grandville, Mich. 49418
- 993 Butternut Dr., Holland, Mich. 49424
- 1185 S. Washington, Holland, Mich. 49423
- 5221 Cherry Ave., Hudsonville, Mich. 49426
- 6480 28th Ave., Hudsonville, Mich. 49426
- 1965 Baldwin St., Jenison, Mich. 49428
- 6127 Kalamazoo Ave., SE, Kentwood, Mich. 49508
- 201 Marcell Dr., NE, Rockford, Mich. 49314
- 565 S. State St., Sparta, Mich. 49345
- 1148 28th St., SW, Wyoming, Mich. 49509
- 2900 Burlingame Ave., SW, Wyoming, Mich. 49509
- 2275 Health Drive, SW, Wyoming, Mich. 49519
- 9479 Riley St., Zeeland, Mich. 49464
Forest Hills Foods
- 4668 Cascade Road, Grand Rapids, Mich. 49546
The [Has Heart] greeting cards will be prominently displayed in participating stores and will retail for $4.95, with SpartanNash donating $1 back to the nonprofit organization and its veteran support initiatives.