FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, April 19, 2019
Meredith Gremel, Vice President, Corporate Affairs & Communications, 616-878-2830
SpartanNash matched donations made at checkout in 26 company-owned stores, up to $12,000
OMAHA, Neb. – SpartanNash and its Family Fare, Family Fresh Market, Supermercado Nuestra Familia, SunMart and No Frills stores in Nebraska and Iowa today presented a $115,027 donation to the Salvation Army. The $115,027 will be used by the Salvation Army to assist those who have come under extreme flooding due to the declared natural disaster in the Nebraska and western Iowa communities.
The flood relief funds were raised by store guests and SpartanNash associates – with $12,000 matched by SpartanNash – through donations at the checkout lanes of 26 participating SpartanNash stores in Nebraska and Iowa.
“We are extremely grateful for SpartanNash’s outstanding generosity, as evidenced by both its customers who donated at the point of sale and the company’s philanthropic gesture,” said Salvation Army Western Divisional Commander Major Greg Thompson. “This is a prime example of a community-focused company helping those in need exactly when and where they need it.”
One hundred percent of every dollar raised will go directly to support the Salvation Army and its flood relief efforts.
“We are humbled by the outpouring of support during our fundraising scan campaign,” said Meredith Gremel, SpartanNash vice president, corporate affairs and communications. “In just 12 days, our communities stepped up to donate more than $100,000 and, by partnering with the Salvation Army, we can put these donations directly and immediately toward flood relief efforts. SpartanNash and our Family Fare Supermarkets, Family Fresh Market, No Frills, SunMart and Supermercado Nuestra Familia stores are committed to helping our neighbors in need as they rebuild their lives.”
Participating stores include:
Family Fare Supermarkets
- 1801 Valley View Dr., Council Bluffs, Iowa 51503
- 1510 Harlan Dr., Bellevue, Neb. 68005
- 238 S. 8th St., Blair, Neb. 68008
- 7402 N. 30th St., Omaha, Neb. 68112
- 820 N. Saddle Creek Road, Omaha, Neb. 68132
- 3026 S. 24th St., Omaha, Neb. 68108
- 5110 S. 108th St., Omaha, Neb. 68137
- 5101 Harrison, Omaha, Neb. 68157
- 5019 Grover St., Omaha, Neb. 68106
- 2650 N. 90th St., Omaha, Neb. 68134
- 14444 W. Center Road, Omaha, Neb. 68144
- 3003 108th St., Omaha, Neb. 68164
- 1221 S. 203rd St., Omaha, Neb. 68130
- 1230 N. Washington, Papillion, Neb. 68046
Family Fresh Market
- 3920 Second Ave., Kearney, Neb. 68847
- 423 Sharp St., Glenwood, Iowa 51534
- 2301 Silver St., Ashland, Neb. 68003
- 2400 W. 8th Ave., Plattsmouth, Neb. 68048
- 2428 Dahlke Ave., Auburn, Neb. 68305
- 1815 E. Court, Beatrice, Neb. 68310
- 1900 Harlan, Falls City, Neb. 68355
- 214 W. 4th St., Holdrege, Neb. 68949
- 1036 N. Chestnut St., Wahoo, Neb. 68066
Supermercado Nuestra Familia
- 2900 Leavenworth, Omaha, Neb. 68105
- 1826 Vinton, Omaha, Neb. 68108
- 3548 Q St., Omaha, Neb. 68107
SpartanNash also supported its associates who experienced flood damage, setting up a $10,000 associate relief fund. All associates at the 26 Family Fare, Family Fresh Market, Supermercado Nuestra Familia, SunMart and No Frills stores in Nebraska and Iowa, as well as associates at the Omaha Distribution Center, were eligible to apply for financial assistance.
SpartanNash (Nasdaq: SPTN) is a Fortune 400 company whose core businesses include distributing grocery products to a diverse group of independent and chain retailers, its corporate-owned retail stores and U.S. military commissaries and exchanges; as well as premier fresh produce distribution and fresh food processing. SpartanNash serves customer locations in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, Europe, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Bahrain, Djibouti and Egypt. SpartanNash currently operates 158 supermarkets, primarily under the banners of Family Fare Supermarkets, Martin’s Super Markets, D&W Fresh Market, VG’s Grocery, Dan’s Supermarket and Family Fresh Market. Through its MDV military division, SpartanNash is a leading distributor of grocery products to U.S. military commissaries.